Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5th MTC

Hi!
Thank you all so much for writing me! really it is so good to feel like I am apart of your lives and still informed. I love the e-mails and letters and they keep my spirits up. If you wrote me I'll have to write a hand written letter back because the e-mail time limit doesn't allow me to write as much as I would like to.

So what's up with me? I leave for Halifax on Tuesday! Pray I'll get there safely! I'm so excited but feel totally unprepared. I've learned so much here but I want to know Preach My Gospel more than I do and it's hard to feel like I know everything I will need to know. But I am so excited to serve! I went to the temple today and saw President Daines! He said Bret and Em got back safely which I was glad to hear and it was good to see him. The temple was amazing! Seriously I have been beaming ever since I left. It's rainy Utah weather which oddly I LOVE and the peace that I feel from being at the temple today is just amazing.

I have a cold, which is such a bummer. I wake up every morning not being able to breath but I'm glad it's only a cold and nothing more. I have to say that MTC food has taken a toll on my stomach though. We ate breakfast at the temple this morning and their cafeteria is WAY better than the MTC. Delicious!

So let's see we taught 2 more investigators. Last Friday I taught a woman who her sons best friend just died in a car accident at Springville high. (I think she was a real member but i know the story of the car accident is true) The whole time we taught her it was tangible that she needed something, and she needed to hear about the plan of salvation, and we didn't teach that. I felt frustrated afterward. She needed something and I didn't give it to her! We taught her the restoration which was fine but not what she needed. So that was def. a low point where I struggled but then we taught Janice (our 1st investigator she's old and so cute!) for the second time. We taught her the plan of salvation and she was so cute. She just nods the whole time and is obviously a member of the church because she eggs us on and hints stuff. So while we're teaching we notice that her eyes start to close as we talk to her. Sister Hudson and I are first worried thinking she's having a stroke but she does it again and I realize that she's falling asleep. In fact Sis. H is in the middle of a sentence and starts laughing because Janice is totally asleep. Janice opens her eyes and I take over trying to cover up Sis. H trying not to laugh. We end with prayer and we open our eyes and we look up and Janice still has her head down totally asleep. Sis. H and I look at eachother and start laughing it was hillarious. We tell Janice thanks and get up and she opens her eyes and we walk out run to our district and start busting up laughing. I was dying it was so funny. Oh Janice. She was so cute.

We had a member of the 70 come again L Lionel Kendrick. He was really great and motivating, we're all crossing fingers for an apostle but I think they only come on Tuesdays so we might have missed out, but we had Gene R. Cook so my life is complete! :)

I have been blessed with so many tender mercies from the Lord while I've been here. Everytime I get a letter or a package or feel your prayers I just feel so blessed. Thank you for your prayers. I am happy and Sister Hudson and I are sad we'll be split up soon but hopefully we'll get to serve together in the field again. Oh by the way they changed the dress code here! You can where color! and you don't have to wear nylons and your skirts just have to cover your knees when you sit down! it's insane and Mom I may ask for you to send me 2 of my dresses from home because they would be long enough, but i'll have to see if my mission pres. has the same rule or not.

Anyways I so wish I could write more. I love you and thank you for your letters! Next time I write I'll be in Canada! yay! The gospel is true and God is mindful of every one of His children. The temple is amazing! And the work we do in there is sacred and of God. Thank you for bouying me up!

Love,
Sister Crane

No comments: