Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 11, 2011

Drum roll please! Transfers are here!...........I'M BEING TRANSFERED! to............FREDERICTON, NEW BRUNSWICK! I'm leaving the province and going to New Brunswick. All I know about it is that they speak a lot more french there, and get this IT'S A BIKING AREA....ah! I have to ride a bike! ah! what am I going to do!?! My new companion is Sister Davis and she has been out 3 months. I met her at Sister's conference and she is really sweet. I'm excited that I get to be with her. She's from California I think. It's insane. I don't even know how to feel. I'm so so sad to leave Truro, but I feel like it's time. It's so weird that this is my first and possibly only transfer. Since I only have 6 months left I probably won't go any where else, it's possible but if you look at my track record...it's likely I'll die there (meaning I'll end my mission there). Woah. A lot to take in.
This week was great! As some of you may know my parents came! Don't worry it was legit, President Simpson authorized me to be able to spend 3 hours with them where they took me out to lunch and got to meet a few recent converts. Dad was in Halifax for a business conference and since Nova Scotia is all the way across the country I guess President Simpson had a soft heart and let them see me. The time went by crazy fast. We went for fish and chips and I showed them around Truro...there wasn't much to see but I think they liked it. It was crazy surreal but such a fun experience that I'll remember forever.
Our investigators are the best! Nathan is doing so great! That's a baptism I will be so sad to miss. He had an amazing experience that he shared with us last Monday night. 1st off he said he LOVED church and that he's never felt so much love in one church before. He then said that when he had gotten home from church that night he started to read more of the Book of Mormon. He read from 9-12 or 1 in the morning and then decided he needed to go to bed because he needed to wake up at 5am for work. He tried to sleep but couldn't. So he read more. Then he got to the chapter in The Book of Mormon about King Benjamin's speech where the people are converted and experience a change of heart. He said something clicked and he just knew that The Book of Mormon was true. AH! As he told us this Sister Glenn and I are freaking out inside and we both in unison, after a bit of silence, say, "Wow, that's amazing!" Ah! he knows it's true. He told his family about his baptism and his mom and sister are going to come. Nathan is so solid it's the best.
Amber is doing great too. She seems really excited for her baptism! Awww I'm going to miss her baptism by a week! ugh! Stinking transfers! We started a scripture study class this summer and our first one was last Thursday. It went really well. We went through the first 10 chapters of the Book of Mormon and we're going to try to get through half of it this summer. Amber, Nathan, and Cheryl (all investigators) came. It was awesome. Cheryl is also on date for baptism! yay! August 20th. She's a former investigator and we picked her back up and I'm really excited that she's progressing toward baptism.
Oh man it's so hard to write this e-mail and focus on last week because I'm freaking out inside about being transferred since I found out like 10 minutes ago so I apologize if this is at all scattered.
Church was great. Here's a tender mercy I experienced: They were short on speakers so they asked Sister Glenn and I from the pulpit to come up and share our testimonies. I didn't want to leave Truro without doing that so it was a real blessing to bear my testimony for the last time there.
I can't even remember what else happened this week! Steve's doing good, we're a little afraid he's getting attatched to us instead of the Book of Mormon. We're making strategies to bring men to the lessons so he doesn't get the wrong idea about us. :) He comes to church though and reads the Book of Mormon so he's doing his part.
And there you go for now. I'm sure so much more happened but all I can think about is who I'm going to tell first that I'm leaving. It's so sad. Now Truro will be a memory. I still think when I get home and people ask me where I served I'll say, "Truro, Nova Scotia." But I'm sure in 6 months that will change :) I know I'll love Fredericton. I've heard great things about it. For one it's a ward! woah. That'll be way different. I've been in this tiny branch for so long I think I've forgotten what a ward is like. It's blowing my mind. Ok so I'm off for an adventure to Tatamagouche. Sister Hansen, a member, is taking us up there to check out a maple tree factory. sweet! You know you're in Canada when you go visit one of those! Prayers would be nice on my behalf this week as I go through this change! Thank you! The church is true and God does direct this great work!
Love,
Sister Crane

No comments: