Monday, November 7, 2011

The Chi-lect are back! watch out! Remember when I went on exchanges with Sister Hudson to Halifax and we taught like 8 guys from China at once?! Well apparently I'm a magnent for these asians because we just taught like 8 people from China here and it was awesome! I love chinese people. They are seriously THE coolest people I've taught ever. So humble. So willing. They are awesome! Ok so here's the story:
We're getting out of an appointment with Samantha (I'll talk about her later because that's an awesome story too!) and we had planned to knock her street. Before we pray we decide that we'll knock the left side of the street. As we pray I just get this small nudge that we should knock on the right side instead. I almost didn't act on it, that's how subtle it was, we go and knock on the first door and meet Xiao Jing. She hears our shpeal and then invites us into the living room. She then calls her roommate to come downstairs. Her roommates name is Elaine (english name, they are so funny some of them like english names and some of them don't). So we tell them that we want to teach them about God and Jesus Christ and ask them if they are interested. They both go, "yes! I know nothing about God!" Elaine then runs upstairs to grab a paper and a pencil to take notes. Xiao Jing asks if they need to go to church. haha it was AMAZING! We teach them about God and about who He is. That He's their loving Heavenly Father and that they can talk to Him any time any where. AH! Can I just tell you how cool it is to explain to someone who God is for their very first time?! It is so cool! The Spirit is so strong and you just get so excited for them! And they get excited to. They then offer for us to stay and have lunch with them. So we eat mushy noodles and cabbage and chewy pork. It was actually pretty good. (I know right, I'm actually saying that, the pickiest eater in the whole world! missions change you, I don't know)
THEN they invite us over for a party the next night. They were going to have some friends over and make more food and they wanted us to be able to try some of the food. So we went and the food was so good. Ribs and potato stuff and DUCK WING! G-ROSS! chewy super chewy! Ok but here's the best part so there are like 8 chinese people there and they each arrive at different times so picture this: Me and Sister Lorenc sitting there on the couch with duck wing in front of us and chinese Book of Mormon's in our hands. Each person walks in and says basically the same thing, "Why is your first name Sister?" It was hillarious. Then we would teach them the restoration and they would flip through the Book of Mormon. It was UNBELIEVEABLE! I mean seriously this is what missionary work should be like. You sit there and get fed and people just walk in one by one and you teach them. It seriously makes me giggle with excitement when I think about it. It's so cool! Being a missionary is the best. Ok so then get this we're like, "oh hey so the girl who lives across from you is getting baptized next Friday." They all rush to the window to see which house she lives in and then ask, "what's baptism?!" ah! GREAT QUESTION! So we explain it and before you know it they're all like (to their other friends that arrive) "you coming friday at 4?" "ummm ya I think I can come, where we going?" "to the church" "ok!" So we're going to have a row of chinese people at Sam's baptism. booya!
Which is a great segway into SAM'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON FRIDAY! woot! This girl. Oh my word. You need to meet her. She's the most bubbliest person on the face of the planet. She just won Miss something county and is going to be competing in Miss New Brunswick. She's got this southern accent because she's from the sticks. And she's that same girl I told you that I met on the bus and she came over to us and says, "hey! come over to my house tomorrow for speghetti and apple pie!" She's so awesome! She bore her testimony in church on Sunday and it's like she's been a member her whole life! It's insane. She is such a tender mercy. She even came teaching with us and after we extended the baptismal date to our investigator she told her whole conversion experience and then invited him to her baptism. Oh man it was the best ever. She's constantly like, "I'm so excited!" or "I'm pumped" whenever we bring up her baptism. It's nuts I tell you just nuts!
woah exhale. So this week was pretty much awesome! I just pray everything goes well for the baptism and that we get all 8 chinese people there! The gospel is TRUE! It is I know it. It changes peoples lives! It's so amazing! Hmmm any other updates? It's really cold....
I just feel so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows His children. I know that nothing that I have done could ever make me deserve all of the blessings that He's pouring out on this area. It's a miracle. And it's only through God that it's possible. I'm so grateful for the scriptures and for the Savior. What a blessing to be sharing this message with everyone!
Love,
Sister Crane

No comments: