Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sister Anne on Prince Edward Island

Hi! So this week has been really good, not a ton of success, but the highlight was sisters conference! Monday night all of the sisters traveled to the mission home and we spent the night there with all 12 sisters, had a delicious meal and talked with President and Sister Simpson. It was so great. At one point President Simpson as he was talking to everyone he was addressing how we shouldn't get discouraged so easily and he looked at me and goes, "ok sister crane?" and I nodded and then he moved on. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I can't believe he said it to me directly, somehow he knew. The next day we spent all day at Prince Edward Island! Ah! It was MARVELOUS! Seriously, it was like a vacation day, no not like one, it was one!
So first we went to Anne of Green Gables! And Sister Simpson kept saying how much I look like her haha. And we walked through Anne's house and walked on lovers lane and the haunted woods. It was so fun! We just took fun pictures and ran around on the green fields and then went to the gift shop! Which I went crazy at because well it's Anne of Green Gables come on! I got an I *heart* Gilbert shirt haha and then got Mom a little something :) Maybe I'll send it to you for Christmas we'll see. And I got a cute little picture that has Anne and Dianna on it that says "kindred spirits" it was seriously so much fun best part of the day! Then we had a picnic lunch and headed off to the beach!
Ok so you know the part in Anne of Avonle where she is writing poetry and then her papers blow away and she runs into that older guy who proposes to her later and all that. Ok well if you can picture that tall green grass and the sand that she's on and the water, that is EXACTLY what I saw. I pretended like I was her running through the sandy cliffs and the tall green grass that was blowing in the wind. Sister Hudson seriously thought I was crazy because I wanted to re in-act everything from the movie. But I just had to. It was crazy how it looked so much like in the movie! I took some videos. Hopefully I can upload them to my next e-mail. Seriously it was so gorgeous!
Anyway then we went to Charlottetown and went shopping and President bought us all ice cream cones and I got rasberry cordial at the Anne's Chocolates store. (seriously people will sell anything here and tourists like me will buy it just because it says Anne of Green Gables on it) but don't worry I didn't get everything I saw just some cute things to remember it by! They also sold chocolate covered potato chips there...weird...but pretty good. Then we took the ferry back to the mainland and it was gorgeous! The sun was setting as we were going across the water and it was seriously the most beautiful sight with the light houses all over! Oh man I have to send you pictures! Then get this we GOT TO WATCH Anne of green gables! a real movie! ah! I wore my I heart Gilbert shirt and we watched it and it was glorious. Seriously the best day ever! Oh man, I bet all of you reading this are thinking how crazy I am but after working so hard and being here and knowing how hard I still have to work, to have a day like this was so amazing!
So then we woke up and had an amazing breakfast and went and played frisbee with some Elders and Sisters who are in Halifax. It was so fun and I was so sad to say goodbye to Sister Hudson! But what is exciting is next Tuesday-Thursday we get to go to a day long Leadership training in Halifax with the President next week and I'll get to see her then! I'm really excited because after a day like yesterday, it's hard to be excited about the work. What was nice though is that getting to know the Sisters I know I'm not alone. They are working just as hard as I am and they are all really great. I know that whatever companion I have next will be great, because I have gotten to know them all.
Anyways enough of my fairytale day. And back to work! I really hope that I just immerse myself in the work this week and that I don't feel to sad after such an amazing adventure. It's hard to get back into the groove of things, but I know if I work hard it will be easier. Thank you for your prayers and your letters! I loving hearing about how everyone is doing!

Love,
Sister Crane

No comments: