Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27th

To all:

STEPHEN AND VERNA ARE GETTING BAPTIZED ON NOVEMBER 20TH! I can't even believe it! It's insane. So the story leading up to it is this:



Stephen is doing the stop smoking program, he did really well, but isn't fully there yet, he's working on it again this week, but last Friday when we met with him he said that he would be baptized! we were extatic, the happiest I had ever felt ever! So then Sunday we have the fireside that we had put together. It went really well, the young women sang and the testimonies were awesome, could have had a bigger turn out, but some people were there that I didn't think would come and they did it was awesome! so Pres. and sister Simpson spoke and it was AMAZING! seriously it was so perfect. So after we're talking to Verna and we have asked her about baptism a lot, but her husband is totally unsupportive of it. And so we're talking to her and she says, "as I was hearing Pres. Simpson speak I just felt that I should be baptized." She then said that the date we had been asking her to be baptized on didn't seem to fit right and she's having surgery to help her hip and the recovery is only 2 days, and she said that sometime after the 16th would work. So I said, well Stephen is getting baptized on the 20th, what about that day? And she said YES! You should have seen how happy she looked when she said yes! It's incredible! Sister Peaden and I were jumping up and down we were so excited! This means we have 3 PEOPLE ON DATE TO BE BAPTIZED! for real! I am in shock. And Verna and Stephen are people we found, that we taught from the beginning. This is what I've wanted to do, to come on a mission and see lives change like this is incredible! So lets all hope that Stephen can work through the stop smoking program and that Verna's husband will be supportive because they have a date!

So in other news, not as exciting but still fun, I learned how to chop wood! you betcha, I did, Dad would be so proud. I even got pictures because I knew no one would believe me. I was deathly scared at first, you know thinking I would be one of those missionaries in the news all over the world, who got there hand chopped off by being stupid. But I didn't and was very careful and even split the wood on my own, (believe me that is a big accomplishment). It was a lot of fun!

I also gave my talk on Sunday and everyone was so complimentary afterward, it was so nice. I talked about repentance, and I was amazed at how bold I was, but I know that it wasn't me, it was for sure the Spirit. Afterwards President Bezanson (the branch President) told us that there are few talks that people will remember who said it and what was said, but these were 2 that people will never forget. It was so nice, I felt really grateful that people appreciated our talks so much. He said he was also really grateful that we taught out of the scriptures, he said that we don't do that enough and we showed a good example.

So life is great! Truro is amazing! Now we just need to find more people to teach! Speaking of which, totally met a Korihor the other day. Seriously he was totally Anti-Christ. It was insane. We knocked into him and he "played dumb" from the beginning acting like he had never heard the name Jesus Christ before. Apparently he's Jewish and so he doesn't believe that Jesus is the Christ. He told us that we should go try and decieve some of his neighbors and denied Christ and slammed the door in our face. I was a bit shaken up but then I recited The Living Christ out loud and it just confirmed that I know that Jesus is the Christ, the immortal son of God. I was so grateful that I had memorized the Living Christ and taken the time to do it, because it has strengthened my testimony so much. I know that Jesus is the Living Christ, that by Him and through Him and of Him the worlds are and were created. I know that he was the great Jehovah of the Old testament the Messiah of the new. He is the Christ and I know it with out a doubt, this is His church and it has been restored on the earth today. The gospel is true!



love,

Sister Crane

No comments: