Friday, December 31, 2010

December 29th

Can you believe Christmas is over?! I feel like I look forward to it all year and then all of the sudden it's over. Crazy. Christmas was a lot of fun this year, although it didn't feel like Christmas. Sister Peaden and I drove down to Halifax where the mission home is and got to hang out with some other missionaries and President and Sister Simpson. We ate a lot of goodies, played games and watched While You Were Sleeping!!!! Apparently it's President and Sister Simpson's favorite movie ( that and Return to Me) I totally have the best mission President ever! It was so fun to watch it all together, and weird to be watching a movie. I love movies, but as I was watching it I realized how much I didn't miss it. I've found so many other ways to fill my time that it was nice to come that realization :) While in Halifax we got to go see the live nativity that the church puts on over by the Temple. It was a lot of fun and I think that made it feel like Christmas more than anything.
That night we slept over at Sister Hudson's place (my MTC comp.) in a place called Eastern Passage. It was so fun to be with other sisters. We read The Night Before Christmas together and in the morning we made french toast and opened up all of our presents. We then headed off to a member familys home in Eastern Passage and we ate lunch and watched Dispicable Me. What was crazy is the member, Brother Meisner, served in the Clayton Valley 3rd ward! Pretty crazy connections. Then we headed back to Truro, made some phone calls :) and ate at the Laliberte's for Christmas Supper. Sister Laliberte is the best cook ever (besides you Mom) and I left their house barely able to walk I was so full. And there you have it! It was so fun I loved Christmas on the mission, mostly because of the members. The members just showered us with love, and were so understanding of us being away from home. I am so grateful I got to spend Christmas in Truro!
The rest of the week has been....well...COLD. It snowed, and snowed and snowed and we knocked and knocked and knocked. awesome. It's really not too bad except for the wind! It cuts you like a knife. Seriously, I got a headache it was blowing at my face so hard. I asked some of the locals, as we knocked, and got some ideas of how to protect my face. My favorite though, is when people ask us if we're cold and we of course say yes, and they respond with..."just wait till Febuary! This isn't cold"....awesome...looking forward to it :) It's also been pretty funny, because it's so cold that people won't even open their doors to say no to us, they instead just wave out their window and shake their head. Haha I laugh every time.
Jerry is still doing awesome! His Mom now wants to join in on the lessons! Seriously he's finding more people for us to teach than we are! Michelle, his girlfriend, came to church on Sunday and really liked it. They say that their kids are just a lot happier since we've been talking with them. I love that they are seeing the immediate blessings from learning about the gospel.
I love being out here, despite the weather. It's so fun to share my testimony with everyone I meet. I love being bold and feeling confident in what I'm doing! It's exciting to be out sharing what I know! The church is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Thomas S Monson is a true prophet of God. Have a wonderful New Year! Thank you for your prayers and letters!

love,
Sister Crane

No comments: