Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5th

Hello! Boy is it cold here, I'm glad to hear we're not the only one's experiencing this frigidness though. Yikes. It was negative 5 celsius. (no clue what that is in F) And the windshield is nuts. There's lots of ice and I have not fallen once thank you very much. Had some close calls though. :) Everyone keeps telling us at doors, "wow you girls picked a cold night to come around" ....haha little do they know we didn't pick it, we're always around!
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's! We got to come in early and Sister Peaden and I celebrated with Dairy Queen and a good game of Sorry and I was in bed by 9:30pm. It was fantastic. Although it can't compare to the Wright's party every year! Oh well I'll be there for it next year!
In other news Casey and her boyfriend Eytan came to church on Sunday. It was awesome! Chad came too, his Mom Darleen had to work though. I was so happy to have 3 investigators there! I remember when it was nice to have 1 or when no one showed up. And now we had 6 that were supposed to come! That's amazing that it has already increased by so much. Eytan even prayed for his first time at our lesson last week. He asks really good questions and Casey is always helping him by sharing her testimony. I think they are the neatest, they are so down to earth and closer in our age than any of our other investigators so it's nice to be able to relate to them a little bit more.
Jerry has had A LOT of questions. And recently got into some Anti stuff. Yikes. His questions are all really good though. I went home the other night and wrote his questions all down and then that night looked up all his answers, thought about it as I went to bed, and when I woke up in the morning couldn't stop thinking about it and looked up more answers. Honestly, I knew all of the answers, they were all found in Seminary Mastery Scriptures! I just forgot that I knew them! So there you go my testimony of the importance of Seminary has sky rocketed! Seriously it's so important! And all of the religion classes I've taken at BYU combined with everything I learned in Seminary has been SO helpful on my mission. When Jerry brought up Anti stuff I knew exactly how to disprove it because of a class I took with Susan Easton Black. Of course I don't use any of that information, but I refer him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, (arguing gets you no where) but as he tells me his information, it doesn't shake me because I've already learned and I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet! The great thing about Jerry is that he's still willing to meet with us. He still just wants to know for himself. He wants to know so badly. I know he'll receive his answer. I just know he will.
So besides the stress of getting our investigators ready for their baptismal dates, things here have been really good. P-day has been switched to Mondays! So expect my letters 2 days early! I love being here! Now that it's 2011 and I'm going home in 2011 I'm realizing more and more how short my time is here. I know it will just fly by and it really is such a short amount of time to serve the Lord. I know that what I'm doing is so important. I love the gospel. It can change peoples lives! The Book of Mormon is true! I know it without a doubt! I know that we have a prophet on the earth to day. President Monson is a true prophet of God. We have the authority on the earth today to baptize. What a miracle. I feel so blessed and grateful for all that I have! We should be the happiest people on earth because we have what a lot of people don't and they need it! The church is true! Thank you for your letters and prayers!

love,
Sister Crane

No comments: