Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011

Craziest week of my life! Wowzer. So it goes a little something like this.
Tuesday: went to training meeting in Halifax, it snows and roads are bad so we stay with Sister Hudson(MTC comp.) in the city. Really fun but super exhausted because the next morning we had to drive back for appointments.

Then I find out my new companion has been delayed so I'll be going to the city that next day.
Wednesday: Turns out I will NOT be going to the city and instead transfers are postponed because of bad weather and the delay of the new missionaries.

Thursday: I will be serving in Halifax on friday because transfers are STILL delayed

Friday: PYSCH! I will NOT be serving in Halifax I'll be getting a new companion Sister Brandley for a week until my companion comes

Saturday: PYSCH! Sister Brandley is leaving after only 24 hours and Sister Glenn my new companion is here!

*sigh*

It was so confusing. But not because of lack of organization, it was just because the new missionaries kept getting delayed. SOOOO my new companion Sister Glenn is here! yay! Apparently they got stuck in New York because of plane issues and then they ended up going to Queens and working out there for a day. Cool huh? So really she started her mission in Queens New York. I'm just glad she's finally here! Sister Glenn is from Murrieta California (an hour away from San Diego) She is the youngest of 4 and they are all boys and get this little crazy fact: her brother is the lead singer in a band called Neon Trees and they have the #1 single in the US right now. It's called Animal. Pretty sure I remember singing along to the radio to that song last year, and who would of thought that I would be serving with his sister! CRAZY! crazy cool really. Apparently the whole band is LDS. Isn't that awesome?! I was so excited about it and told her I would eventually get over be star struck but don't count on it :) Anyways she's awesome and is so willing to just get out there and teach. I love it! Apparently the MTC is changing a TON and so she got the opportunity to teach WAY more than I did. It's so fun to go out and work with someone new because I see everything with new eyes. I think we'll work hard and have a lot of fun together.

In other news MATT IS BAPTIZED! yay! I can't believe it! 4 baptisms in Truro in the past 6 months that I've been here. It's so exciting. I know we can do waaaay more too. I just need to work a bit harder and it'll happen. Truro is so ready to grow. The baptism was wonderful. Steven baptized him and right before the baptism Loni (Matt's sister) made a joke about holding him under longer to get rid of all the sins. Little did we know Steven would take it so literally. He took matt down but his arm was still above the water so we were all saying go all the way down, and so he did, but then he didn't pull him back up. We had to tell him "bring him back up!" haha oh dear. It still was wonderful. Then Steven baptized his 8 year old son Cole. That was awesome. On Sunday when they were confirmed, I looked over at the whole row that was filled with their family and I just thought about how when we first came there that row was empty and now it's full! I just love it. The branch was incomplete with out them and it's still incomplete without so many others that we need to find!

We've been teaching Amy and Alyssa. Amy is the mom of 3 little girls and 1 boy. Fabian, her husband is less active. We committed Amy last week to be baptized on March 12th, and before I could even get out the words, Alyssa said with excitement she wanted to get baptized too. She's 9 and I thought it would be best for her to talk to her parents first, so hopefully this week they'll all say yes! Going over to their house is so much fun. It reminds me of being at Traci and Chad's. I love it. One of the girls, Victoria, who's 4 came up to me while I was teaching the plan of salvation and said, "why is this taking so long?" We all laughed pretty hard. Teaching little kids is so humbling, it makes you really think about teaching simply.

So Sister Peaden is gone, it was really sad to see her go and she was sad too. We both loved this area and grew to love it together. I know she'll love her new area though, I've heard great things about it. I'm excited to have, in a way, a fresh start, and to get going and work as much as we can in Truro, despite the cold. On to February! yay! one of the coldest months here! Thank you for your prayers and letters they help uplift me more than you know!

love,
Sister Crane

No comments: