Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

So yesterday I was a 1/2 hour away from the US border to get to Maine. It kind of weirded me out. I am freakishly close to the US and I didn't even know it. I need to invest in a better map.

Oh hey HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What was your day like yesterday? pretty normal...average... everyday sort of stuff? yupp our's too. But it was also Canadian Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving doesn't seem to be as big of a deal here as it is in the states. Not sure why. It seems like they don't have any huge traditions and it's not so much an all weekend event. It's really just a meal. And it's in OCTOBER. still don't fully understand that. I do like November better. When I go home I think I might just have 2 though. In fact yesterday we had just that 2 Thanksgivings. It was the best. At each one we all went around and said what we are grateful for. awwww. It was the best.
 
Guess what? I have a new companion! Sister Lorenc. Sister Davis left and it was sad to see her go. She didn't think that a lot of people would miss her but you wouldn't believe how many people at church said, "hey where's sister Davis? She didn't say good-bye?!" It's amazing the impact we can have on other people without knowing it. Anyways Sister Lorenc is great! She's from Hemet, California (southern somewhere). She's super cool and has been out for 9 months. It's nice having both of us know what we're doing, we can just jump in and get to work...and boy have we. Let me tell you about how a CAR changes EVERYTHING! It's unbelievable the amount of work we can get done, and the less planning we have to do with a car. It's nuts I tell you, nuts!
 
We've taught Naoise (Neesha) a few more times. She's 9 and super cute and ridiculously smart. Yesterday she asked us if she could pray and ask God when she should get baptized. woah. How cool is that? Jing and Chen are doing awesome too. They both came to church even though they are crazy stressed about school. It's so exciting to see them sacrifice for Heavenly Father and know that the blessings they receive will be so awesome! Oh hey have I told you about Bo?! He's a recent convert that got baptized in March and then was in China all summer so I only got to meet him last week. He's awesome! It's so exciting to have a Chinese convert so he can help all of our other chinese investigators, like Affe! Affe is so amazing, she said that she knows the church is true and that everything we've taught her is true. Now she just has to take the step and actually do something about it! How do you get some one to just take that leap of faith and go with what the Spirit has been telling them all a long?! I really hope she will!
 
The members here are awesome. You really should meet them. I wish I could bring some of them in my suit case home. We went and visited Sister Barton yesterday. She's an older woman and she's hillarious. We went over to see her with her visiting teachers, who are the cutest women ever. One of them is Sister Peck. She's fantastic. She's gives us rides in her convertible, has the best earings, and is obsessed with betty boop. One time I asked Sister Peck if she ever wore the same outfit twice and she replied, "not if I can help it!" So if you can imagine me with these 3 adorable women and what does the conversation turn to? Golden Girls. haha. These people crack me up. I can't wait to go home and be a visiting teacher, it'll be so much easier than being a missionary.
 
I love doing this work. It's the best work ever. I love that I get to do this work. That I get to be apart of the process of helping others come closer to Christ. I'm grateful to be a representative of Him. I love the days where I get so lost in the work I realize that I haven't thought about myself all day. It's the neatest feeling to know that you've been so immersed in others needs that you didn't have time for yourself, yet you are so happy because you were in the service of others all day. We are so blessed to have the gospel. I am so grateful to share this marvelous gospel with others!
Love,
Sister Crane

No comments: