Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 3rd


Transfers! I'm STAYING ....but...I have a new companion! :( It totally bites. I didn't think anything would change! But ALL of the sisters got moved. And guess what?! They created a sisters area in New Foundland! If you're not freaking out, that's because you don't know where New Foundland is! You have to take a plane to get there and it's freezing! I actually feel really jipped that I didn't get to open it there. I've been dying to go. Lame. Oh well. Sister Hudson (my MTC comp) gets to open it so I'm excited for her....slightly jealous though. :) Sooooo my new companion will be Sister Lorenc (pronounced Lorence). Transfers are on Thursday. Sister Davis and I are totally bummed we don't get the full 6 months together (after all that's how long I've been with any of my companions) but I am excited to have sister Lorenc here. Sister Davis is going to Halifax where she'll ride more buses! yay! oh and guess what?!.....WE'RE GETTING A CAR! no more bikes! no more bikes! no more bikes! ...sorry just felt like it was worth chanting. poor sister Davis. right when we get a car and she goes to a bus area. She'll love it though. Soooooo onward ever onward we go.

As for this week it was delightful. Christmas aka General Conference was the best! Jerome watched 2 sessions! I think he really liked it too. I loved all of them. I really loved Sister Dalton's talk about how to raise a daughter. It was so bold and perfect. We also got 3 NEW INVESTIGATORS! wahooo! remember that dry spell we had? see ya later! We have been so blessed this week. Let me start by telling you the best story ever that every missionary wants to have!

We're on the bus and all of a sudden this girl comes and moves seats to come sit by us. She excitedly says to us, "Hi! I'm Mormon! I totally want to have you guys over for dinner!" uhhh ok...!! We find out her name is Samantha and set up to see her the next day. So THEN we go to her house for dinner and she's adorable. She's 18, just working right now, and has our dinner all ready. We start talking and she tells us that she's not baptized but her sister is a member and she's grown up going to our church and has always wanted to be baptized! We haven't even really started with our meal when she says, "Ok so I'd really like to get baptized can you start teaching me? I want to know everything." WHA?! Who is this girl! I promise she's not crazy. Sister Davis and I had to leave the room to grab our scriptures. We get to our bags and look at eachother and do a silent freak out. It was the best. Pretty sure we danced all the way out of her house. We're teaching her again tonight and I can't wait.

Another new investigator is from Iran. Kayvon. He's really cool. We've been teaching a lot of Iranian's lately. They are always so intrigued by what we believe in and how our church differs from other christian faiths.

Lastly our 3rd investigator is a 9 year old! Naoise (pronounced Neesha...it's Irish-galic or something) She's adorable. Her parents are active members of the ward, Naoise just didn't feel ready to get baptized at 8 from what I understand. We had our first lesson on Sunday and this girl is brilliant. I'm looking forward to our lessons for sure!

This week we also had interviews. Afterward President and Sister Simpson took us out for some good old mexican. First mexican I've had in Canada....but seriously...it was pretty good too...nothing like the states but I'll take what I've got. I love the Simpson's. They are my favorite. The nicest people you'll ever meet.

So there you go folks. Do you believe me now when I said it was a delightful week?! Delightful indeed. Well except for change. Ugh. I hate change. Oh well. I'll get over it. I'm so grateful for the 3 months I've had with Sister Davis. I seriously do not know what I'll do without her. I feel like I barely know the members and I don't know how to navigate my way around...ESPECIALLY in a car! I can't imagine if she was leaving me with bikes and the bus route i i I! that would have been awful. Counting my many blessings there! Keep me in your prayers this week! Transfers are always a little scary. The church is true though so it's ok.

Love,

Sister Crane


No comments: